LOOK WHAT YOU DID :: Update October 6 – The campaign first described below when Toronto kicked off Pride Week 2015 achieved its donation goal, resulting in 21 Million Miles donated to Aeroplan’s Beyond Miles charity program. The Aeroplan Miles have been equally split three ways (7 million miles each) and donated to Egale, Rainbow Railroad and The Stephen Lewis Foundation – to put this into perspective, 21 million miles would translate to approximately 105 return flights to Africa or 650 hotel night stays in downtown Toronto. Congratulations to all who participated!
#ForeverProud: Make a Difference this Pride with TD and Aeroplan
Happy Pride week! As part of an ongoing commitment to the LGBT community, TD Bank is excited to be in its 11th year supporting Toronto’s Pride week. TD is Pride’s only Platinum sponsor, and this year its #ForeverProud campaign will also be supporting three local causes.
For every dollar that is spent using a TD Aeroplan Credit Card anywhere in Toronto during Pride week, TD and Aeroplan will donate one Aeroplan Mile to Aeroplan’s national charitable program, Beyond Miles. The Aeroplan Miles will be equally divided and donated between three local organizations: Egale, The Stephen Lewis Foundation and Rainbow Railroad. This means every time you use your TD Aeroplan Credit Card during Pride week in Toronto, you are directly supporting and making a difference to an important cause. This could range from helping to fund a flight for an LGBT refugee, to helping provide care to an orphaned child living with HIV and AIDS, simply by using your TD Aeroplan Credit Card.
In addition to the Beyond Miles initiative, TD will also be supporting 2015 Pride in the following ways:
- Pride Parade: Dozens of TD employees will be participating in the annual Pride Parade on Sunday, June 28th
- TD “VIP Lounge” at Green Space Treehouse Party: A relaxing and tranquil oasis for Pride-goers to refresh, recharge and revitalize (exclusively for TD Aeroplan Visa Infinite Privilege cardholders)
- TD-Sponsored Bike Share Toronto: All bikes will have their spokes decorated in the Pride rainbow
- TD Flight Crew Photo Experience: Come out to play and pose with a photo with the TD flight crews aboard Rainbow Class
- Monster Mural: As part of the TD Fun Zone, children and their families are invited to help paint a giant mural in Toronto’s gay village
TD supports hundreds of LGBT organizations throughout the year including sponsoring over 50 Pride festivals across Canada and the US. Be sure to check out all of TD’s Pride week activities!
– Sponsored post.