EMPOWERMENT :: Unfu*king Myself

By on April 21, 2016

SPM-2016-UNFUCK

FU*K THAT :: When I saw a post by GGN publisher Shaun Proulx on his #ThoughtRevolution Facebook page which read, “Unfu*ck Yourself. Be who you were before all that stuff happened that dimmed your fu*king shine,” it struck me:

I have been fu*king myself.

Around that same time, I read the words of a CEO who claims 95% of all things that happen in your life are because of you, your reactions and how you choose to handle them. The other 5% is from outside forces, which you simply have no control over.

I recently completed a contract as a marketing coordinator that I thought would be the best gig in town; everyone thought I was big time.

During this contract I experienced a corporate culture that was not the world I wanted to experience; I have before. Although I knew it wasn’t for me, I told myself I couldn’t pass up an awesome opportunity that held much prestige and made others envious.

I have never experienced so much pressure, stress, frustration and anger – which ultimately led to my anxiety disorder erupting at a high level, a severe warning sign for me.

But the contributing factors were of the 5% I could not control variety: egos; seasoned employees with cushy positions and little care for anything else; government and union politics; unrealistic expectations; and how terrible the Spadina-University subway operates during rush hour.

When I saw the “Unfu*k Yourself” post I realized I fu*ked myself up during this experience because I have a passion and a deep sense of care for what I do in my life professionally and personally, and so fought elements that were out of my control.

Since then I decided to own my crap. I am now moving forward because the experience taught me to let go. I mean I really let go of all I cannot control; the things that were fu*king me up.

I have unfu*ked myself. I now always want to be the person I know I am before all that stuff happened that dimmed my fu*king shine.

What about you?

- Be sure to LIKE Miss Raquel on Facebook. Follow Miss Raquel on Twitter (This is where the dirt is dished!)

Become a member of GGN’s growing community today! All are welcome to enjoy the good life!
Join thousands who receive the country’s most-read LGBT newsletter straight to their inbox

One Comment

  1. Jeffrey S

    June 15, 2017 at 8:49 pm

    I’m wondering if I know this person???

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>